It’s the 12th Feb 2021 and it means a new year on the Lunar calendar. All babies born during this Lunar New Year, will be born in the Year of the Ox.
Of the 12 animals in the Lunar Zodiac, the Ox is the largest and strongest, meaning this could be your most powerful year yet. The ox is known for being hardworking, and symbolises diligence, honesty, earnestness, altruism, and never needing to be the centre of attention or seeking praise for their hard work. It’s believed 2021 will be a turning point from 2020. This is a year for recovering and making long-term investments like building a family, so hold your dreams of having a baby in good stead as this could be your year.
What does it mean to have a baby born in the Year of the Ox?
Lunar astrology specialists believe the year of the ox, 2021, is a good year for giving birth.
According to Lunar wisdom, it seems that the best chances of having a baby boy are if he is conceived in July and the best chances for having a baby girl occur if she is conceived in April.
Babies born in the Year of the Ox
Babies born in the year of the metal Ox are believed to have good destiny and abundant luck while being known to be hardworking, disciplined, patient, and have great sense of self-control as well as an affinity for routine.
If you’re ready to celebrate new beginnings and keen to try have a baby this year, here are some tips to boost your fertility:
- Diet & Exercise. It is recommended to follow a sensible diet and exercise program both before and during pregnancy. Women who are either markedly overweight or underweight may have trouble conceiving. A healthy balanced diet rich in lean proteins and fresh fruit and vegetables is important. Regular moderate exercise for an average of 30mins per session at least 3 times per week is recommended.
- Track your cycle and fertility days. Understanding when it’s the peak time for conception will increase your chances of getting pregnant. There are many tools to help you achieve this, such as mobile apps – get informed on what to look for in a fertility app, as the Fertility Society of Australia advices.
- Take time to relax. If you are trying to conceive, keeping stress and anxiety out of the way will increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Take time for you, go to a spa, connect to nature, take a fragrance scented bath, get started with yoga and meditation, do breathing exercises and try to release physical tension are some easy ways to relax. No matter how busy you are, it’s always a personal investment to spend some time to take care of yourself.
- Add in a multivitamin and take natural supplements. For instance, folic acid supplements have been associated with a greater chance for getting pregnant, improved success with fertility treatments, and reduced risk of neural tube defects in the baby.
- Reduce toxins. Smoking, alcohol and caffeine should be avoided before conception and throughout pregnancy.
Click here for more tips to boost your fertility.
If you are looking for fertility advice, First Step Fertility can help you in a range of ways including information booklets, over the phone advice from our Fertility Advice Centre or a consultation with one of our experienced specialists.
Contact our friendly staff on 1300 111 373. They have a wealth of knowledge about having trouble getting pregnant, fertility treatments and bulk-billed IVF options for couples and individuals. Their sole aim is to help you achieve your dream of having a baby within financial reach and set you on the right path to conception based on your individual circumstances.
Wishing you a happy Lunar New Year,
The team at First Step Fertility.